Council House Reservations:
The Council House is available without charge to all KGC members for club/council functions only. Reservations will be listed on the KGC web site. To reserve the house for club meetings and functions, contact the Council House Chair, Paula Reiley, cell 616 340-7833 or e-mail Reiley221@gmail.com.
Council House Rules:
WE ASK THAT ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS OBSERVE CURRENT STATE AND CDC GUIDELINES
WHILE USING THE HOUSE, FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL
Please review the rules for reserving the Council House in the council directory. Reservations will be
listed on the calendar on the KGC website. KGC insurance does not cover non-council related
activities. Council House capacity is 35.
- Bag all garbage and put it in the dumpster located in the lower parking lot.
- Wash, dry, and put away any dishes or utensils used.
- Do not put food of any kind down the drains or feminine items down the toilets as the house is on a
- Do not adjust the heat or air conditioning, as it is on an automated system.
- There is no running water on the second floor. Second floor is for storage only.
- The Wi-Fi Hotspot is located in the library (meeting room) near the fireplace. Please see
instructions when using the device. Unplug the device when you leave.
- A First Aid Kit is located in the 1st floor kitchen.
- There is a Fire Extinguisher in the 1st floor kitchen and in the hall on the second floor.
- Workshop Rules
Protect tables and floors with newspaper or tarps, located in a cupboard on the west wall.
Clean your area, return all tools, and DOUBLE CHECK that all glue guns, etc. are unplugged.
Residue from paint (NO SPRAY PAINT USE IN HOUSE), oasis, and other items should be emptied
outside and not down the drains.
- Before leaving:
Sweep all areas with the electric broom in the closet by the main floor bathroom.
Put dirty linen in the laundry basket located by the recycle bin.
There is a white board on the refrigerator. If you use the last of an item add it to the list.
Coffee pots should be unplugged and cleaned.
Check that all lights and faucets are turned off and that toilets are not running.
Close all windows.
Check that all doors are locked!
- Report any problems to the Council House Chair: Paula Reiley
Kalamazoo Garden Council’s insurance does not cover non-council activities, therefore, we cannot rent the Council House to outside organizations.