- Increase membership by taking advantage of any and all contacts.
- Encourage male gardeners to join “co-ed” clubs.
- Continue to plant native plants; work toward eradication of invasive species; and use the principles of rain gardening in our landscape.
- Encourage all our clubs and members to take greater advantage of the many opportunities available to us through KGC, District III, MGC, Inc. and NGC, Inc.
- Research the history of our KGC home with an eye to having it eventually listed on the State and National Registers of Historic places.
The objectives and purposes of this non-profit organization, organized in February 1946 are:
- To coordinate the interests of the garden clubs in the Kalamazoo area and to bring them into closer relations of mutual helpfulness by association, conference and correspondence.
- To operate on a non-profit basis solely for benevolent, charitable, environmental, scientific and educational purposes.
- To promote the organization of new clubs and affiliate them in the Michigan Garden Clubs, Inc. and the National Council of State Garden Clubs, Inc.
- To advance the fine art of gardening, landscape design, the study of horticulture and artistic floral design.
- To aid in the protection and conservation of natural resources, to enhance civic beauty and to encourage the improvement of roadsides and parks.
- To cooperate with other organizations in the furtherance of the foregoing objectives.